Monday, March 16, 2009

Lord Teach Me To Pray

My prayer is that we learn the kingdom principals of
God and the wisdom to use them in your Christian walk.
God is real! His kingdom is real! Why not enjoy the
kingdom experience doing the duration of our
earthly visit? You do realize that this is a temporary
life living in the flesh but our spirit will dwell in
the house of the Lord forever. Learn to live in the
spirit of the Lord and start with how to pray.
Lord Teach Me to Pray
-Kay Arthur

“Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.”
Hebrews 11:6

Many of us when it is time to pray freeze up as we are not sure what to say, how to go about praying or even where to start. Because God wants to have a relationship like none other with us He has ensured that we have a pattern to follow which He has taught us through His Son.

There are seven topics of prayer which can be easily identified through the Lord’s Prayer Matthew 6:9-13. If the pattern of prayer taught is followed (as seen below) it will cover every topic and keep you balanced.


1) Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
Worship

2) Your kingdom come.
Allegiance

3) Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven.
Submission

4) Give us this day our daily bread.
Petition & Provision

5) And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Confession & Forgiveness

6) And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from evil.
Watchfulness & Deliverance

7) For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Worship

Amen

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone join?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a teachable moment for me and as a result I have decided to use this prayer and the pattern to teach my daughters.

I am so excited about the Book Club Kick-Off and know that God is very pleased with all that you are doing to spread His word. I can see Him smiling and say..."Well done my child, well done".

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Earlier I commented on how I was able to take the teachings from the Prayer Pattern and implement changes in my household but lacked an important piece and that is self development.

So when I think back over the past several weeks, reading Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be and then learning/understanding the Prayer Pattern (seven elements) God created for as a model for us during our prayer time I am proud to share that I feel more confident and stronger when I pray. Although, I haven’t followed the pattern exactly I am comfortable with opening and closing with “Worship”, I want to continue working at this ensuring I include more of my “Confessions & Forgiveness”.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Yes, we have openings.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home